[SGP - 0011] Tangle Community Grant Committee - Lead selection

Simple Summary

The Poll below contains the candidates that completed Phase 1 of the Tangle Grant Committee selection process and are therefore qualified to participate in this Phase 2 poll. You can find a summary of the Phase 1 process here.

You, as a voter, can select only one of these candidates to become the Tangle Community Treasury Committee Lead.

The final decision on who will become the new Lead will happen in a Phase 3 vote with Shimmer Tokens. This vote will be initiated if one of the listed candidates receives 100 supportive votes in this Phase 2 Poll.

This Poll will be open for seven days and close on Sunday, June 16th, at 4 p.m. UTC.

Only forum members with Trust Level 1 (basic user) or above are eligible to vote in this Poll.

Please vote for the candidate you support in this Poll:

Which of these listed candidates should be the Lead of the Tangle Community Treasury Grant Committee?
0 voters

Proposal Name, question and answers, and optionally additional information

Note: Due to the nature of this selection process, we can only add the final participation event details to this file once the final result of the Poll is available (which will determine which candidate. We will add these details once available and present the final version of the event file for confirmation.

Proposal Name, question and answers, and optionally additional information

Proposal Name:

Question:

Which of these listed candidates should be the Lead of the Tangle Community Treasury Grant Committee?

Answer 1

Preferred display name candidate 1

Additional info 1

Read the application letter of the candidate here & link to proposal

Answer 2

Preferred display name candidate 2

Additional info 2

Read the application letter of the candidate here & link to proposal

Participation event of the proposal

Note: Due to the nature of this selection process, we can only add the final participation event details to this file once the final result of the Poll is available (which will determine the order of candidates to be displayed in Firefly) and once we have a definitive date when Firefly will be ready to vote (which will determine the exact milestones). We will add these details once available and present the final version of the event file for confirmation.

{
    "name": "[SGP - 0011] Tangle Community Grant Committee - Lead selection",
    "milestoneIndexCommence": 10420382,
    "milestoneIndexStart": 10541342,
    "milestoneIndexEnd": 10662302,
    "payload": {
        "type": 0,
        "questions": [
            {
                "text": "Should Candidate \"Candidate 1\" become the Program Lead of the Tangle Community Treasury?",
                "answers": [
                    {
                        "value": 1,
                        "text": "Yes",
                        "additionalInfo": "Read the application letter of the candidate here: "
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "text": "Should Candidate \"Candidate 2\" become the Program Lead of the Tangle Community Treasury?",
                "answers": [
                    {
                        "value": 1,
                        "text": "Yes",
                        "additionalInfo": "Read the application letter of the candidate here: "
                    }
                ],
                "additionalInfo": ""
            }
        ]
    },
    "additionalInfo": "Read the full proposal here: link to the proposal"
}

I’m going to take this time to remove myself from the election. I know that as we have a token voting system where certain organizations can push voting weight there really isn’t a chance. I personally came here to build a decentralized governance structure. Unfortunately I don’t see this possible given the current network and community structures.

Though I think it is extremely important that not only does the Treasury honest community representation to keep it accountable, I will keep my application in as a Reviewer. I request anyone that supports me, has appreciated what I built (ie. a treasury that focuses on transparency, web3, financially self-sustaining, and most importantly… independent and acting with fidicuary responsibility of the community), please vote for me as a reviewer.

Additionally, by being a reviewer I can help Linus with program processes he may not understand.

2 Likes