Why no developer / validator section ?

People here wanna talk in a circle all day, about soon soon soon and wen,

… or actually BUIDL ?

I’d like to see some nested => Networks => NodeSoftware[bee,hornet,xoxo] kind of structure added to the forum structure.

Regarding the govIOTA forum, discord is chaotic and very spread around with its information, coming from the old forum times,

• i see a benefit, having some more in depth conversations regarding the development, instead of 50k people chatting across 5k channels to work on 1 topic // 1 issue // 1 feature, codewise, or also for the incoming validators aka committee’s, that will be a huge topic in IOTAs future.

I know this is governance forum, but this is the ONLY place for me to get information, other than IOTA wiki, Github repos and iota-talk.com.

Somehow, clicking the join Discord link, ends up with some

RED

rejection to join, sadly. I am active rust and wasm expert that wants to build on embedded stuff with big names in the industry lined up. Would be great if some comm manager / mod maybe could check that permissions or whatever bug that is on discord.

~ Signed, sum1 with Xperience.

12 Likes

Hey, Thanks for the input.

i would suggest that for development discussions, you use the GitHub Tips process. This is where you can go into deeper discussions around dev-specific questions. And of course, our Discord is the best place for this also. Please send me a message with your discord username and Discord ID, and I will make sure you get access.

Thanks

6 Likes

Thanks for the great tip and link, appreciate. ill DM ya.

3 Likes

How can i stake shimmer tokens?

1 Like

Currently staking is not yet available. In the future, once the IOTA 2.0 update will be released on Shimmer you will be able to stake and delegate your Shimmer tokens.

3 Likes

Ok. Thank you! But i cant connect from mobile app with ledger

1 Like

Not with Firefly. Tanglepay Wallet has mobile ledger integration afaik
(tanglepay.com)

2 Likes

Great job! I have to download this app

1 Like

As any staking for tokens?