Shonuff - Application to Serve the Community

1.) Preferred Display Name and Age (If you do not want to enter your age, enter that you are above 21 years of age, which is the minimum)

Name: Song Choi

Social Media Handles

Twitter: https://twitter.com/soon_labs

Discourse: N/A

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/itallbeginshere

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/song-choi/

Discord: shonuff#4904

Telegram: N/A

2.) What motivates you to apply for this position?

I’m an active member of the community, former IF moderator, community builder and devout supporter of the IOTA networks. I have a vested interest in the success of the ecosystem and the realization of the collective goal of making OUR protocols the most active, successful, adopted in all of crypto.

3.) What is your educational and professional background?

Educational Background

Education

Hawaii Pacific University
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Marketing

Boston University Project Management
Project Management Certificate

CXL Institute
Conversion Optimization Certificate

Web3/Crypto Background

Co-Founder of the SoonLabs
Co-Builder of the Soonaverse
Co-Founder the Token Exchange
Co-Founder Soon Studios

Professional Background

Current - Head of Marketing and Communication, Soonaverse | SoonLabs

Previous
President, SC Consulting
Senior Vice President, Marketing Communications Division Manager, First Hawaiian Bank
Marketing Director, ALTRES Inc.
Director of Online Sales and Marketing, Periplus/Tuttle Publishing
President, Pacific Region, Bank Express Payments
Co-Founder/Chief Marketing Officer, Skywave Broadband
Co-Founder/Chief Marketing Officer, ChipIn
Marketing and Communication Manager, The Contemporary Museum
Marketing Director, The Computer Training Academy
Marketing Strategist, Six D, INC
Adjunct Professor, Hawaii Pacific University
Adjunct Professor, Chaminade University

4.) What experience do you have relevant to this position (grant reviewer, Project manager, etc.)? Please describe

I have extensive experience in grant writing as the head of marketing and communications for 501(c)3, non profit and not for profit organizations. I was a senior executive for a 20 billion dollar banking institution, a university professor, and a start up owner so am well versed in and project management, business planning. All of this was done over a 20+ year career.

5.) Are you a software developer? If yes, please provide info on your skills and proof of the projects you already have built/worked on (Github, languages, certificates, etc.)

No.

6.) Do you have affiliations that may cause a conflict of interest when reviewing applications? The community would like to know particularly if reviewers are involved with projects as a creator, on the board, or employed. Please list any projects or applications you have affiliations to.

I am a founder/operator of an ecosystem platform that work with IOTA/Shimmer projects, but would obviously recuse myself from related projects and defer to the will of the governance committee.

7.) Are you willing to sign a legally binding service provider contract and reveal and verify your identity through a KYC process with the legal entity of the Treasury Committee?

Note: KYC is required for this position. If you are unwilling to KYC and sign a service provider contract, you will not be accepted to the Shimmer Community Treasury.

Yes - I am willing to KYC and sign a service provider contract with the Shimmer Community Treasury.

8.) Can you commit 10 hours weekly on average to work as a grant reviewer for the Shimmer community over the next 12 months?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit 10 hrs a week to the Shimmer Community Treasury.

9.) If you are voted in the top 2 reviewers, you may have the option to join the Growth Committee and work with the TEA representatives. In this case, you may be required to work hours over the required 10 hrs per week. Are you able to commit to this if required?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit to the Growth Committee and the Shimmer Community Treasury if required.

10.) Are you willing to sign a service provider contract, including an NDA with the Tangle Ecosystem Association, and respect the Non-Disclosure Agreement if selected as a member of the Growth Committee? Breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement may bring consequences financially and or legally.

Yes - I am willing to sign a service provider contract and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). I absolutely will respect all binding effects within such agreement contracts.

11.) Provide any web links or supporting documentation you would like the community to see when assessing you for the Shimmer Community Treasury Grant Reviewer position.

Enter text and web link below.

https://soonaverse.com/tokens/all

12.) What is your long-term vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury? How do you see the Community Treasury affecting the Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem, and what does the Shimmer & IOTA Ecosystem look to you in three years?

We are at the genesis of one the most gravity pulling events in the history of crypto. The completion of a secure, feeless, permissionless, soon to be fully decentralized network…that scales. Shimmer is the latest step in that journey and one of the biggest undiscovered opportunities in crypto. Through the IOTA Foundation’s work a universe of BUIDL chain(s) will be born that give the community endless opportunities to test new concepts, apps and services. We’re barely at the start of the incredible discoveries that these breakthroughs will allow.

However, one of the greatest limitations of the current ecosystem is the lack of start up capital for community members, and the inability to fund established projects on other chains to join our ecosystem through bridge funding. We are the verge of a complete reimagining of the Web3 space but we will be shouting in the dark of our own bubble if we cannot spur the type of innovative cultural environment that enables a “cambrian explosion” to occur. We are close, but we need to spark a thousand “moments” like the one that created the Soonaverse to occur. This is how we win.

Do you support my application as Grant Reviewer?
  • Yes

0 voters

8 Likes

I have one question:
To make it easier for the community to understand what potential conflicts of interest a reviewer may have, and as not everyone may be familiar with the platform you have stated here, could you shortly describe which ecosystem platform it is that you are affiliated with and in which sector it operates or plans to operate in the future?

I’m the Head of Marketing and Communications for the Soonaverse. Its a platform for DAO’s, Tokens, NFTs, and other Web3 dApps and technology. As far as sectors, our intention is working as a hub for all sectors as we operate as infrastructure across every industry. You can create a Space for any topic, industry or area. Same for an NFT or Token.

I would venture to say that a large majority of all IOTA related projects already use our platform.

2 Likes