Shelley Mae Villarin - Grant Review Application

1.) Preferred Display Name and Age (If you do not want to enter your age, enter that you are above 21 years of age, which is the minimum)

Name: Shelley Mae

Social Media Handles

Twitter: https://twitter.com/shelleymaeph

Discourse: Profile - shelleymae - govern.IOTA

Linkedin: Shelley Mae| LinkedIn

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@ShelleyMae/

Discord: shelleymae

Telegram: shelleymae21

2.) What motivates you to apply for this position?

Building upon our ecosystem’s strong technical foundation, I offer a unique perspective: the ability to objectively assess projects based on non-technical criteria crucial for wider adoption and long-term success. This includes aspects like user experience, community engagement, market fit, and the potential for lasting positive change within the ecosystem.

Beyond skills, I’m deeply motivated by Iota & Shimmer’s potential to revolutionize Web3. However, mismanagement of the Shimmer Community Treasury could hinder rather than accelerate growth and adoption. This is why I joined the Shimmer Creator program last year, drawn by its vision and dedicated to ensuring the responsible use of community funds.

Ensuring the treasury benefits the entire ecosystem, not just specific projects, is critical. We must avoid supporting initiatives that simply drain resources without creating meaningful and sustainable value.

3.) What is your educational and professional background?

Educational Background

• BS in Civil Engineering (University of San Jose Recoletos)
    With Digital Marketing Certificate
    With Google Analytics Certificate

Also, I am currently taking a self-paced Python Programming Course.

Web3/Crypto Background

• IOTA community member and content creator since 2023
    • Beyond lurking and actively answering questions in the IOTA Discord, I’ve immersed myself in the creator side of the IOTA and Shimmer community. This has allowed me to discover several interesting applications being built within the ecosystem, gaining valuable insights into their potential and challenges.
  • Hardcore WEB3 Gamer
    • I experience the potential of decentralized technologies firsthand. My journey began in 2019 as a cryptocurrency user , exploring WEB3 Gaming Possibilities. This passion for WEB3 and gaming fuels my desire to see IOTA/Shimmer succeed in this space. I enter testnet, alpha testing and give feedback to games that I passionately love.
  • DEFI user since 2020
    • My journey into DeFi wasn’t planned, but rather a result of my natural curiosity and exploration of different Web3 applications across various sectors. While immersing myself in this exciting world, I stumbled upon DeFi and was instantly captivated by its potential to unlock new and innovative ways for our funds to grow.
      Intrigued by this concept, I became an enthusiastic user, diving into various DeFi applications across different blockchains. Not only did I actively participate, but I also developed a passion for testing and pushing the limits of these apps – particularly those I truly believed in. My “stress testing” wasn’t just about finding flaws, but also about providing valuable feedback to help them improve and thrive.
      Today, DeFi remains a central focus of my Web3 involvement. I’m constantly learning, experimenting, and advocating for its potential to reshape the financial landscape. Perhaps in the future, I’ll even contribute to building these innovative applications myself!
  • Operating a Web 3, Gaming, and DeFi related Filipino-English ‑speaking YouTube‑Channel (ShelleyMae)
  • Writer of a small Medium Channel (ShelleyMae)

Professional Background

• WEB3 Content Creator, 2019
  • WEB3 Community Manager for Ancient Oasis, 2022
  • Gaming, Gameswift Community Ambassador, 2023
  • XPLA Ambassador, 2023
  • IOTA/Shimmer Content Creator thru Program, 2023

4.) What experience do you have relevant to this position (grant reviewer, Project manager, etc.)? Please describe

• Driven by my deep immersion in Web3, I possess a natural inclination for thorough project evaluation. My self-directed learning thrives in this research-intensive industry, and I go above and beyond to understand projects I’m involved in. This applies to both my experiences as a Web3 gamer and DeFi user, where I delve deep into the ecosystems and critically analyze their potential. As a grant reviewer, I would leverage my research skills and critical thinking to meticulously assess projects, ensuring their alignment with the community’s goals and values.

5.) Are you a software developer? If yes, please provide info on your skills and proof of the projects you already have built/worked on (Github, languages, certificates, etc.)

• No but I am proficient with web tools and running some nodes. Also, I am currently taking a self-paced Python programming course and will be getting certificates.

6.) Do you have affiliations that may cause a conflict of interest when reviewing applications? The community would like to know particularly if reviewers are involved with projects as a creator, on the board, or employed. Please list any projects or applications you have affiliations to.

• I don’t have any affiliations that might have a conflict of interest for this position.

7.) Are you willing to sign a legally binding service provider contract and reveal and verify your identity through a KYC process with the legal entity of the Treasury Committee?

Yes - I am willing to KYC and sign a service provider contract with the Shimmer Community Treasury.

8.) Can you commit 10 hours weekly on average to work as a grant reviewer for the Shimmer community over the next 12 months?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit 10 hrs a week to the Shimmer Community Treasury. Also, if this demand (over 10hrs), will be unpaid, I am willing to do it as well. I eat and live web3 so I am online most of the time.

9.) If you are voted in the top 2 reviewers, you may have the option to join the Growth Committee and work with the TEA representatives. In this case, you may be required to work hours over the required 10 hrs per week. Are you able to commit to this if required?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit to the Growth Committee and the Shimmer Community Treasury if required.

10.) Are you willing to sign a service provider contract, including an NDA with the Tangle Ecosystem Association, and respect the Non-Disclosure Agreement if selected as a member of the Growth Committee? Breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement may bring consequences financially and or legally.

Yes - I am willing to sign a service provider contract and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). I absolutely will respect all binding effects within such agreement contracts.

11.) Provide any web links or supporting documentation you would like the community to see when assessing you for the Shimmer Community Treasury Grant Reviewer position.

12.) What is your long-term vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury? How do you see the Community Treasury affecting the Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem, and what does the Shimmer & IOTA Ecosystem look to you in three years?

My Vision for the Shimmer Community Treasury: Growth, Adoption, and Impact

I see the Shimmer Community Treasury as an incredible catalyst for both increasing Iota/Shimmer awareness and building a thriving ecosystem. This fund holds the unique power to support projects that might otherwise lack the resources to make a significant impact, fostering a diverse and innovative landscape.

While broad distribution is important, I believe an equally crucial aspect is strategic investment. Global adoption won’t come from a handful of centralized projects; it will emerge from a diverse tapestry of creative use cases built on Shimmer and Iota, many yet to be conceived.

In three years, I envision a dramatically transformed Iota & Shimmer ecosystem, bustling with users and thriving on innovative applications. This transformation will be driven by two key forces:

1. Creative Use Cases: Imaginative projects built on Shimmer and Iota, unlocking real-world potential and attracting corporations and established Web3 protocols.
  2. Strategic Investments: The Shimmer Community Treasury, actively and productively deployed to catch up to competitors and cultivate a flourishing ecosystem. This means integrating existing Web3 protocols and nurturing promising startups with unicorn potential.

By then, I see both Shimmer and Iota as Tier 1 ecosystems, hosting a multitude of Web3 protocols. The treasury can generate value through native projects contributing a portion of their revenue, or even by actively engaging with DeFi protocols to extract and reinvest benefits.

Do you support my application as Grant Committee Lead?
  • Yes
0 voters