Null - Grant Reviewer Application 2024

:large_blue_diamond: 1.) Preferred Display Name and Age

Display Name: Null

Social Media Handles

Twitter: https://twitter.com/rafaeldjpb
Discord: Null#1163

:large_blue_diamond: 2.) What motivates you to apply for this position?

I was asked by some in the community to re-apply after helping the Treasury with a couple of tasks this past week.

:large_blue_diamond: 3.) What is your educational and professional background?

Educational Background:

:mortar_board: M.S. in Interactive Entertainment, 2018
University of Central Florida

:star: Led the pursuit of research & development which received over $1.3 million in awards
:star: Awarded Fulbright Scholarship ($25,000) & FIEA Director Fellowship ($22,186)

Web3/Crypto Background:

:handshake: Supporter, Investor (2012 – Today)

I started learning about Bitcoin by reading posts on bitcointalk.org around 2012 or thereabouts. Since then I’ve tried to keep up with the latest innovations & schools of thought in the DLT space. I enjoy reading through academic papers, participating in constructive discussions, and generally thinking about DLT adoption. If you’ve been in the IOTA community for a while, you may have seen some of the discussions I started from time to time.

:star: Long-time community advocate for transparency & decentralization
:star: Previously worked with IF & community members to improve our Discord, enable GH Discussions across all of our repos, improve Firefly, improve the Wiki, communicate ideas, and other small things

Professional Background:

:building_construction: Founder, CEO, Developer (2018 – Today)
Not Suspicious – VR Research & Development Studio

:star: Received over $1.3 million in awards from the NSF, Meta, HP, and others, for innovative R&D
:star: Repeatedly featured at the Kennedy Center, at the invitation of the US Department of Education

:building_construction: Co-Founder, Developer (2023)
generatecontent.ai – AI Tools Aggregator

:building_construction: Co-Founder, Administrator, Developer (2010 – 2017)
Wartale – Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

:mag: Grant Reviewer (2021 – 2022)
SBIR grant program by the National Science Foundation (NSF)

:star: Invited by the NSF to review Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant proposals in the areas of Learning & Cognition Tech and Human-Computer Interaction

:man_teacher: Guest Lecturer (2019 – 2022)
FIEA Ventures – Business Incubator at the University of Central Florida

:large_blue_diamond: 4.) What experience do you have that is relevant to this position?

:white_check_mark: XP as Grant Reviewer & Grant Awardee (2017 – 2022)

I have experience reviewing grant proposals for the National Science Foundation SBIR program , as well as with writing and pursuing grants, as the recipient of over $1.3 million in awards (see above)

:white_check_mark: XP as Builder, Leader & Manager (2006 – Today)

Experience with software design & development, shipping products, scaling businesses, growing ecosystems, managing large multidisciplinary teams, and more (see above)

:white_check_mark: XP as Mentor & Ecosystem Developer (2008 – Today)

Experience with mentoring grad students at UCF’s FIEA Ventures business incubator every year since 2019, as well as equipping indie game devs with tools for success since 2008

:white_check_mark: Expertise in Game Development (2006 – Today)

Web3 games appear to be a popular type of project proposal for Treasury DAOs, so my vast experience in game development will be critical in helping us identify & prevent misallocating funds towards proposals which aren’t feasible

:large_blue_diamond: 5.) Are you a software developer? If yes, please provide info on your skills and proof of the projects you already have built/worked on (Github, languages, certificates, etc.)

Yes (see above). I have developed games & apps for VR, AR, mobile (iOS & Android), PC, consoles and browsers. I’ve worked with C#, C++, JavaScript, HTML5 and more.

:large_blue_diamond: 6.) Do you have affiliations that may cause a conflict of interest when reviewing applications? The community would like to know particularly if reviewers are involved with projects as a creator, on the board, or employed. Please list any projects or applications you have affiliations to.

No.

:large_blue_diamond: 7.) Are you willing to sign a legally binding service provider contract and reveal and verify your identity through a KYC process with the legal entity of the Treasury Committee?

Yes to both.

:large_blue_diamond: 8.) Can you commit 10 hours weekly on average to work as a grant reviewer for the Shimmer community over the next 12 months?

Yes.

:large_blue_diamond: 9.) If you are voted in the top 2 reviewers, you may have the option to join the Growth Committee and work with the TEA representatives. In this case, you may be required to work hours over the required 10 hrs per week. Are you able to commit to this if required?

Yes.

:large_blue_diamond: 10.) Are you willing to sign a service provider contract, including an NDA with the Tangle Ecosystem Association, and respect the Non-Disclosure Agreement if selected as a member of the Growth Committee? Breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement may bring consequences financially and or legally.

Yes.

:large_blue_diamond: 11.) Provide any web links or supporting documentation you would like the community to see when assessing you for the Shimmer Community Treasury Grant Reviewer position.

N/A – links have been embedded in the answers above, when relevant.

:large_blue_diamond: 12.) What is your long-term vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury? How do you see the Community Treasury affecting the Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem, and what does the Shimmer & IOTA Ecosystem look to you in three years?

My vision is for that of a hands-on, nimble approach. Less overwhelming bureaucracy to read about, more transparency & straightforward communication instead.

Do you support my application as Grant Committee Reviewer?
  • Yes
0 voters
2 Likes

great posts create you for education