Finanzgoblin - Grant Reviewer Application 2024

1.) Preferred Display Name and Age (If you do not want to enter your age, enter that you are above 21 years of age, which is the minimum)

Name: Finanzgoblin - Richard Mediavilla

Social Media Handles

YouTube Finanzgoblin - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4FTqjrXSmqoQh5ScgGCLA

Twitter: Finanzgoblin - https://twitter.com/finanzgoblin

Discourse: Finanzgoblin - https://govern.iota.org/u/finanzgoblin/summary

Linkedin: Richard Mediavilla - https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-mediavilla-689370161/

Discord: Finanzgoblin

Telegram: Finanzgoblin

2.) What motivates you to apply for this position?

I am very enthusiastic about Web 3 and especially DeFi, because I truly think that smart contract platforms will eventually evolve into decentralized computing and change how the world will operate fundamentally. The IOTA/Shimmer ecosystem might be a step forward towards a decentralized computing infrastructure, making smart contract usage and decentralized applications much more scalable.

IOTA/Shimmer can evolve to be a major player in this nascent and rapidly evolving industry and I think that I can share my acquired DeFi and information security knowledge to support the greater IOTA/Shimmer ecosystem.

I really enjoy supporting the ecosystem and really like that the Tangle Community Treasury acts as a DAO. It was a very pleasent experience, and I am happy that you gave me the mandate to represent you. My allegiance always lies with the community and has the growth of the entire ecosystem in mind. I hope you will give me another chance to support the Tangle Community Treasury.

3.) What is your educational and professional background?

Educational Background

• Bachelor of Science in Economics / “Volkswirtschaftslehre”
  • Bachelor Thesis: “Kryptowährungen: Ein dynamisches Modell” translated: “Cryptocurrencies: A dynamic model”

Web3/Crypto Background

• Assisting the Tangle Community Treasury as a Grant Reviewer
  • Building the Perpetuals Exchange Peppy Finance as CEO and Subject Matter Expert
  • Consulted a Web 3 VR education start-up in DeFi Security and Tokenomics,
    (https://axonpark.com/about-us/ )
  • Assisted MultiDAO
  • Supporting a Crypto-Hedgefunds (TheBit Research) with doing research on DeFi protocols regarding business viability for long term investments,
  • Supporting the same Crypto-Hedgefunds (TheBit Research) with doing research on DeFi protocols for yield-farming opportunities.
  • Operating a small Web 3 and DeFi related German‑speaking YouTube‑Channel (Finanzgoblin)
  • Active Member of the Crypto Hub Malta

Professional Background

• Information Systems / IT Security Consultant
  • Information Systems / IT Security Auditor
  • DeFi and Tokenomics Researcher

4.) What experience do you have relevant to this position (grant reviewer, Project manager, etc.)? Please describe

I have a lot of knowledge about doing due diligence reports and audits and have been reviewing Web 3 and DeFi related projects on a private investors basis for quite some time. I furthermore am consulting two different companies in the regard of tokenomics design and/or their business model.

But my unique selling point is my strong involvement and interest in in DeFi and trying to keep up with its innovations.

And of course, I have now served one term in the Tangle Community Treasury as a Grant Reviewer.

5.) Are you a software developer? If yes, please provide info on your skills and proof of the projects you already have built/worked on (Github, languages, certificates, etc.)

No, but I worked as an information systems consultant and auditor, so I have a lot of knowledge about the industry in general.

I assisted for example in creating an eIDAS‑compliant PKI for eIDAS-compliant signatures and seals as a product manager and requirements engineer.

I furthermore helped in auditing the German ”Elektronische Patientenakte” (electronic patient record) and the German ”E‑Rezept‑Fachdienst” (electronic prescription service) according to gematik framework (which include among other things requirements from ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, BSI IT‑Grundschutz and Common Criteria), while also serving as a project lead in the security audit of the electronic prescription service.

6.) Do you have affiliations that may cause a conflict of interest when reviewing applications? The community would like to know particularly if reviewers are involved with projects as a creator, on the board, or employed. Please list any projects or applications you have affiliations to.

I am currently building Peppy Finance, a perpetuals DEX in the IOTA and Shimmer ecosystem. I am acting as CEO and subject matter expert.

7.) Are you willing to sign a legally binding service provider contract and reveal and verify your identity through a KYC process with the legal entity of the Treasury Committee?

Note: KYC is required for this position. If you are unwilling to KYC and sign a service provider contract, you will not be accepted to the Shimmer Community Treasury.

Yes - I already have.

8.) Can you commit 10 hours weekly on average to work as a grant reviewer for the IOTA and Shimmer community over the next 12 months?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit 10 hrs a week to the Tangle Community Treasury.

9.) If you are voted in the top 2 reviewers, you may have the option to join the Growth Committee and work with the TEA representatives. In this case, you may be required to work hours over the required 10 hrs per week. Are you able to commit to this if required?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit to the Growth Committee and the Community Treasury.

10.) Are you willing to sign a service provider contract, including an NDA with the Tangle Ecosystem Association, and respect the Non-Disclosure Agreement if selected as a member of the Growth Committee? Breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement may bring consequences financially and or legally.

Yes - I am willing to sign a service provider contract and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). I absolutely will respect all binding effects within such agreement contracts.

11.) Provide any web links or supporting documentation you would like the community to see when assessing you for the Shimmer Community Treasury Grant Reviewer position.

Finanzgoblin:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4FTqjrXSmqoQh5ScgGCLA

LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-mediavilla-689370161/

12.) What is your long-term vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury? How do you see the Community Treasury affecting the Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem, and what does the Shimmer & IOTA Ecosystem look to you in three years?

My main vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury is, that the capital inside the treasury is actively and most importantly productively deployed and spent. In 2023, we have taken several steps towards that. We funded public utilities and business endeavours that probably will offer an ROI. We acted as market makers and liquidity providers and actively supported the ecosystem.

I think that the main way forward for the greater Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem is to catch up to its competitors and establish a flourishing ecosystem behind it. This should be done by both integrating established Web 3 protocols into Shimmer and/or IOTA as well as assisting startups that might reveal themselves as unicorns. In 2023, we have established the legal framework, so that the Treasury can hold equity to also participate in those unicorns.

Three years down the line, IOTA and Shimmer should be a Tier 1 ecosystem with many Web 3 protocols also being deployed on it. There are a myriad of ways on how the Shimmer Community Treasury can accrue value, being it either native Shimmer/IOTA projects, that are funneling some part of the revenue towards the treasury or even actively engaging with DeFi protocols and extracting value out of them and funneling those values towards the treasury. As stated above, we have already taken the first steps towards that.

Do you support my application as Grant Reviewer?
  • Yes
0 voters