The goal is to enable IOTA/Shimmer/Assembly (ISA in short for this discussion) projects to reach the community on the IOTA Discord, lower fragmentation and enable the IOTA Discord to become a hub for project announcements and updates
This initiative aims also to be a boilerplate implementation for the ISA ecosystem to launch their own projects HUB Discord, project partner news or interconnect the fragmented communities.
Being included in this initiative is NOT an endorsement by the IOTA Foundation
The IOTA Discord is the main community communication channel.
ISA project’s communications are required to follow these criteria to be published to the IOTA Discord:
These criteria define if a project might be included, moderated or removed from this initiative.
*Criteria may vary with time
- Promote content with poor quality
- Spelling mistakes
- Grammatical errors
- Incorrect or insufficient tagging (for social media)
- Unsubstantiated claims (e.g. partnership confirmation, open source code, audited code)
- No content that mentions financial returns (or raises expectation of returns)
- Promoting ICOs / Sales (crypto related or related to any speculation)
- Value of a coin
- Project staking rewards
- no illegal, discriminatory, unethical , sexist or derogatory content (non-exclusive list: porn, gambling, drugs, violence, politics…)
Plus points (this list will change with time)
- Benefit society
- Benefit the ISA technology
- Benefit the ISA ecosystem
(PREVIEW, not executed yet)
Projects that manager their own Discord can set up a dedicated announcement channel.
Unlike a regular text channel, Announcement channels comes with a “Follow” button that allows server members to hook and connect the channel into their own personal servers. Now, selected messages in the Announcement channels can be “published” in other server member’s, friend’s, community’s, or dog’s servers as regular messages, allowing them to get the latest updates in the places they hang out most. Learn how to follow channels here!
Category Ecosystem with
What follows is a list of filtered projects in agreement with the criteria
- generic “Promote your project” channel - open to everyone
- generic “Ecosystem news” channel - open to everyone
- Content Creators DAO
- The Fans Together
Up to 10 projects vetted to share their announcements
As other projects get in touch, more and more projects will be vetted and added to the category
Discord Content Moderation is in place with some keywords to block announcements, the list of words will be extended with time where necessary:
IOTA Discord members council starting with the following duties
- accept project
- remove project which is breaking the rules
- moderate the announcements
- Project announces interest in being added
- Discussion within the council members and verification of eligibility of the project
- Written agreement by the project to follow the rules
- Public vote by the council for acceptance (Soonaverse space?)
- Technical setup
- 3 months of bootstrapping phase
- up to 7 members
- voted in by the community on Discord (poll, condorcet voting)
- review every 6 months of the participation and interest
- community members involved in active projects are excluded
Spec members that might be interested:
- Valore /Australis#2564
The Discord server team where this initiative is launched has the last say upon the council’s decisions. This to make sure that the council and the projects follow the Exclusion Criterias and the Discord Guidelines.
The Discord server team can use a kill-switch like process where the channels are hidden from the members to verify misuse and abuse of this kind of initiative.
Alright, this is the discussion starter, let’s define this better together and start from here.
Edit: Added Authority section