:monkey: Name

Alpha Rho

:date: Age

Social Media Handles

Twitter: 0xAlphaRho

Discourse: Alpha_Rho

Discord: Alpha Rho#1074

Telegram: Alpha_Rho

2.) What motivates you to apply for this position?

Source of my motivation is an outcome of my desire to help the whole IOTA ecosystem grow. That desire in combination with my experience and skills might be a good fit for this position.

3.) What is your educational and professional background?

:mortar_board: Educational Background

:point_right: Electrical technician by education but never worked in the field.
:point_right: No formal higher education degree. For personal reasons I had to start working during my college and never went back to finish it.

:briefcase: Professional Background

:point_right: 4 years of work in the telecommunications sector

Started this job as a student and stayed until there were no more opportunities for further growth. The job was in the customer support department and was mostly revolving around sales and providing support to end-users.

:point_right: 8 years of running my own Digital Marketing business

Single-handedly built this business from scratch. This included: i) building a steady income, ii) growing the team of independent contractors - at peak I was in charge of 70 contractors, iii) optimising the legal structure tax-wise and setting it up.

:point_right: 2 years of full-time crypto adventure

Started this adventure as a trader and DeFi investor. After few months of trading sh-tcoins and degen yield farming on sh-tfarms I decided to step up my game and apply for a full-time position at ApeSwap. For 10 months I was responsible for performing Due Diligence on the projects that we partnered with. In 2022 we restructured and, besides DD manager, I was added a Portfolio Manager role as well which mostly included optimising yield farms, tracking down unprofitable deals and taking action on them. Stepped down from my position in August 2022 for 3 reasons; two of which are personal nature and third was to focus more on the IOTA ecosystem.

:gorilla: Web3/Crypto Background

Crypto adventure for me started in 2013 when a few friends told me about crypto mining. At that time I was mostly focused on starting up and growing my business. I was always around crypto but in 2017 a friend shills IOTA to me and I finally decide to take the time to read about it. Fell into the rabbit hole and everything else is history.

After years of building my business; grinding hard, long days and restless sleep I decided that it’s enough of my business and that it was about time to wind everything down. My wife and I accumulated enough wealth to be safe for the rest of our lives (hopefully) and it was time for us to “retire early”. That same retirement lasted for about 3 months and I had to do something to occupy my brain.

Started with my full-time crypto adventure where, at start, I was mostly focused on doing some short-term profitable plays but soon decided that I needed to build something tangible. Joined ApeSwap for 10 months to take on Due Diligence Manager and Portfolio Manager roles.

During that time IOTA ecosystem started to bloom and there were a lot of scam NFT collections and failing projects, so I decided to start something that is not a scam and which is community oriented; ApeDAO. After stepping-down from ApeSwap and few months of taking break from crypto, TangleSea team scouted me and offered to join their core team. I was more than happy to do it because it’s one of those trustworthy teams that actually want to build something great, and not in a scammy cash-grabbing way.

4.) What experience do you have relevant to this position (grant reviewer, Project manager, etc.)? Please describe

Almost all of my above stated experience is relevant to this position. Building a successful business from scratch takes a lot of wrong moves which you have to learn from. Understanding the sustainability of crypto projects and their motivations is also very relevant. Acting by my personal values; honesty, transparency and sustainability is also a crucial element which is relevant to this position.

5.) Are you a software developer? If yes, please provide info on your skills and proof of the projects you already have built/worked on (Github, languages, certificates, etc.)

No.

6.) Do you have affiliations that may cause a conflict of interest when reviewing applications? The community would like to know particularly if reviewers are involved with projects as a creator, on the board, or employed. Please list any projects or applications you have affiliations to.

:gorilla: Founder and Council member of ApeDAO.

:octopus: Core team member of TangleSea.

7.) Are you willing to sign a legally binding service provider contract and reveal and verify your identity through a KYC process with the legal entity of the Treasury Committee?

Yes - I am willing to KYC and sign a service provider contract with the Shimmer Community Treasury. As long as my identity remains known only to key people of Shimmer Community Treasury / TEA.

8.) Can you commit 10 hours weekly on average to work as a grant reviewer for the Shimmer community over the next 12 months?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit 10 hrs a week to the Shimmer Community Treasury.

9.) If you are voted in the top 2 reviewers, you may have the option to join the Growth Committee and work with the TEA representatives. In this case, you may be required to work hours over the required 10 hrs per week. Are you able to commit to this if required?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit to the Growth Committee and the Shimmer Community Treasury if required.

10.) Are you willing to sign a service provider contract, including an NDA with the Tangle Ecosystem Association, and respect the Non-Disclosure Agreement if selected as a member of the Growth Committee? Breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement may bring consequences financially and or legally.

Yes - I am willing to sign a service provider contract and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). I absolutely will respect all binding effects within such agreement contracts.

11.) Provide any web links or supporting documentation you would like the community to see when assessing you for the Shimmer Community Treasury Grant Reviewer position.

12.) What is your long-term vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury? How do you see the Community Treasury affecting the Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem, and what does the Shimmer & IOTA Ecosystem look to you in three years?

As I stated above, I am driven by my personal values of honesty, transparency and sustainability, so I envision Shimmer Community Treasury to operate under those same values. Shimmer Community Treasury is here to support the growth of Shimmer and IOTA ecosystem so it’s up to us, the community, to find the optimal balance in spending these funds. On one side we can’t spend them recklessly, but on the other side we can’t keep them forever.

Three years in crypto is a long time to predict the outcomes, so I’ll just say that I’d love to see IOTA stop being an underdog, and becoming a key player in the growth of whole crypto.

Do you support my application as Grant Reviewer?
  • Yes
0 voters
6 Likes

Hey - thanks for the application.

I have one question:
To make it easier for the community to understand what potential conflicts of interest a reviewer may have, and as not everyone may be familiar with the platform you have stated here, could you shortly describe what ApeDAO and TangleSea is and in which sector it operates or plans to operate in the future?

3 Likes

Hi Phylo, thanks for the question, I’m happy to provide more information.

:gorilla: ApeDAO is a community focused NFT project where a randomly generated NFT makes you a DAO participant. ApeDAO used 100% of NFT sale proceeds to form a Treasury which will be used to create a sustainable project in a transparent way. Main focus is on three branches;

• APEinvest - investing branch which will bring sustainable income (liquidity mining, staking, etc.)
  • APEvisory - we formed a group of experienced DeFi users and builders to offer advisory services (project advisory, marketing, tokenomics, etc.)
  • APEducation - a branch mainly focused on free DeFi education for our community through various events that key people from ApeDAO will host.

:point_right: My role here is that I initiated the idea and founded ApeDAO, worked together with the NFT designer to sketch super-cool and unique apes, randomly generated all Ape NFTs, built the community from ground up, proven my selflessness and integrity, and many more. I believe that the whole ApeDAO community could testify for all of the above without any bias. And maybe another important information is that I did all of the above without taking any money from the community. The whole project was started with 100% of my own money and zero debt to anyone.

:octopus: TangleSea / ShimmerSea - is planned to be a Decentralised Exchange and Automated Market Maker on ShimmerEVM (wen EVM :joy:) with the focus on security and sustainability. It’s planned to be launched in a fair way without team allocation and with the community-set initial price of the native token $LUM. No seed sale, presale, Venture Capital, airdrops or similar methods.

Trusted Decentralised Exchanges are a must, especially in the days like these when leading Centralised Exchanges are led in a highly degenerate and nontransparent way. When I was invited to join TangleSea, it was a no-brainer decision to make to join such a great team.

:point_right: My role in TangleSea is mainly focused on Business Development and protocol efficiency monitoring and optimising, but we all try to contribute wherever we can with our previous experience.

I hope the above info gives more info about the projects that I’m part of, without looking as a “promotion” since that was not the intention. And maybe a closing thought; I carefully choose who I work with and pick only those who share the same values as myself.

Feel free to ask more questions if you’d like to know more!

5 Likes

Thanks for that, great explanation!

5 Likes