Name: Adam Eunson - aka Adamski

Social Media Handles

Twitter: n/a

Discourse: n/a

Reddit: n/a

Linkedin: Adam Eunson - LinkedIn

Discord: adamski#0458

Telegram: n/a

2.) What motivates you to apply for this position?

Having been a member of the IOTA community for a number of years, I have experienced the countless ups and downs within the ecosystem, whilst always being a strong advocate for the development of technology and projects that can bring value to all. As the DAO system has been established through hard work from a team of IF and community members, it is important that there is strong experience and objectivity within the proposed committee. My primary motivation is to support the community with a perspective that doesn’t favour popularity or hype, but one that focuses on high-value project advancement that can support the expansion and growth of the Shimmer and IOTA ecosystems.

At the end of the day, the committee is here to serve the community, and this can only be done if the committee is diverse, neutral, and focuses on the key value propositions that the proposals submitted to us contain. With previous experience in evaluation and writing of project proposals, I will offer a neutral perspective that can support the most valuable of projects in their progress throughout the evaluation process. Providing a perspective that evaluates beyond simply the team and their popularity, but also the historical precedence, past performance, project value, sustainability and feasibility, the uniqueness and motivation behind a project, and the appropriateness it holds within the ecosystem.

3.) What is your educational and professional background?

Educational Background
I have a 2:1 degree from UCE Birmingham, UK. As well as a number of additional vocational certificates and diplomas. The majority of my educational background has come from self-learning and a life-long learning mentality, that pushes me towards a continual education through online and offline courses, that can better my knowledge and understanding to keep me at the forefront of working within such a fast paced technology world.

Web3/Crypto Background
From Ethereum, Cardano, Solana, Polygon, my experiences span a number of different technologies and ecosystems, but my main knowledge and understanding is of the IOTA protocols.

Having managed the development and design of numerous web3 projects within the IOTA ecosystem, I have extensive understanding of the numerous protocols the technology provides. NFTs and tokens aside, my understanding of the additional products built upon IOTA such as Identity, Streams, Stronghold, etc. provide me with a diverse understanding of the value and use case feasibility of projects working with the different technologies may provide. I am also the co-author of the IRC-27 standards for IOTA NFTs.

Professional Background
An experienced manager with a background in multi-site management in food and supply, I have spent almost 20 years in senior roles. As I furthered my career into technology and agriculture, I have had the opportunity to work with and learn from individuals from world leading NGOs, Fortune 500 companies, and other highly experienced professionals and experts.

I have strong project management and evaluation skills, as well as a keen understanding of IP and business law. Having supported technology development in various different industries and sectors, as an advisor and project manager, I have, on numerous occasions, been responsible for proposal writing and evaluation, as well as end-to-end project management and team evaluation.

My overall experience straddles numerous verticals from SMEs and startups, to world leading organisations, which has provided me with the tools and knowledge to support the founding of Tangle Labs AG, which focuses on the development of open-source tools, libraries, and products within the IOTA Identity ecosystem.

4.) What experience do you have relevant to this position (grant reviewer, Project manager, etc.)? Please describe

Having a background in multi-site management, as well as consultancy, I have regularly been lead evaluator on monthly proposals, as well as a reviewer for individual funding requests. I have also supported with writing and consultancy on grant and project proposals in a number of different industries from entertainment and film to agriculture and NGOs.

Also, as an experienced project manager, I have the knowledge and understanding of the challenges and blockers faced in the setup and execution of development, event, marketing, and promotional campaigns, that can provide an experienced insight towards the validity of proposals that the committee will be receiving.

5.) Are you a software developer? If yes, please provide info on your skills and proof of the projects you already have built/worked on (Github, languages, certificates, etc.)

Not a developer as such, but as a technologist, product designer, and manager, I have extensive experience on the various aspects of the end-to-end development cycle. I have a basic knowledge of front-end and web development such as JavaScript, TypeScript, CSS, html, etc. with plenty of Github experience in evaluating and understanding best coding practices, PRs, commits, and project progress.

6.) Do you have affiliations that may cause a conflict of interest when reviewing applications? The community would like to know particularly if reviewers are involved with projects as a creator, on the board, or employed. Please list any projects or applications you have affiliations to.

I am the founder of Tangle Labs AG, where we develop open-source tools, libraries, and products for use with IOTA Identity. We have no token and the only conflict of interest here would be in the submission of a proposal from this company.

As a supporter of a lot of the work many projects are doing within the ecosystem, I do hold a few random NFTs from fun community projects, but the neutral nature of my inputs into the committee do not present this as a conflict of interest.

7.) Are you willing to sign a legally binding service provider contract and reveal and verify your identity through a KYC process with the legal entity of the Treasury Committee?

Yes - I am willing to KYC and sign a service provider contract with the Shimmer Community Treasury.

8.) Can you commit 10 hours weekly on average to work as a grant reviewer for the Shimmer community over the next 12 months?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit 10 hrs a week to the Shimmer Community Treasury.

9.) If you are voted in the top 2 reviewers, you may have the option to join the Growth Committee and work with the TEA representatives. In this case, you may be required to work hours over the required 10 hrs per week. Are you able to commit to this if required?

Yes - I am willing and able to commit to the Growth Committee and the Shimmer Community Treasury if required.

10.) Are you willing to sign a service provider contract, including an NDA with the Tangle Ecosystem Association, and respect the Non-Disclosure Agreement if selected as a member of the Growth Committee? Breaking the Non-Disclosure Agreement may bring consequences financially and or legally.

Yes - I am willing to sign a service provider contract and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). I absolutely will respect all binding effects within such agreement contracts.

11.) Provide any web links or supporting documentation you would like the community to see when assessing you for the Shimmer Community Treasury Grant Reviewer position.

Adam Eunson - GitHub
Identity Suite - Open Source Identity Tools
Tangle Labs - Company Website

12.) What is your long-term vision of the Shimmer Community Treasury? How do you see the Community Treasury affecting the Shimmer & IOTA ecosystem, and what does the Shimmer & IOTA Ecosystem look to you in three years?

The current state of the crypto space is a very sketchy subject for many. The value Shimmer and IOTA present, from a technology perspective, is above and beyond the norm in the space, and this needs to be supported through a highly active development ecosystem that prioritises key projects that can bring long-term value to the technology, development community, and overall community as a whole.

With tokenisation and NFTs on the horizon, we are about to be hit with a hundred and one proposals, some will be good, the majority not. With a strong and experienced committee, we can support the selection of the most important, valuable, and most likely to succeed projects, in the early stages of the ecosystem, to build a strong foundation for the expansion of the community and growth of the technology.

If handled correctly, the ecosystem has a huge potential to flourish and go beyond the boundaries of other protocols that have been hindered by their blockchain infrastructure. The first half of 2023 is where we need to be strong, whilst Solana and Cardano are congested and struggling, we need to be impactful and expanding. If we can establish ourselves in the first half of 2023, the following years will support growth, economic stability, and technological advancement for both Shimmer and IOTA.

This will only happen if the right committee and the right projects are supported in their early stages.

Do you support my application as Grant Reviewer?
  • Yes

0 voters

6 Likes

It’s important for the community to have the opportunity to chat to the applicants and understand their reasoning and experience. So, feel free to ask any questions about the application I have presented.

Call it a forum AMA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have one question:
To make it easier for the community to understand what potential conflicts of interest a reviewer may have, and as not everyone may be familiar with the platform you have stated here, could you shortly describe what TangleLabs is and in which sector it operates or plans to operate in the future?
I know you have stated it above but could you clarify it a bit more? TangleLabs solely focuses on IOTA Identity products? Which ones would that be?

Besides that, could you also clear the situation around Kamilabs and the Inspyrd NFT Marketplace? Is it still planned to build this NFT Marketplace? Does Kamilabs as a company still exist, and are you still involved in it?

4 Likes

Tangle Labs is a development company that facilitates and builds out tools and applications within the field of Self-Sovereign Identity. We provide accessible applications and resources that can support anyone, in any industry introduce SSI and verifiable credentials into their business.

The primary focus of our work is on supporting the deployment of Identity solutions for organisations and businesses through an open-source application called Certify, which allows any business or individual the ability to manage their organisation identity and to easily create and distribute verifiable credentials, getting setup in minutes.

We are also the first project in the ecosystem to support a functional SSI wallet, Vira, that is currently being refactored to support Self-Sovereign Identity on mobile and desktop, which will be released as a free and open-source application for the community.

Our main focuses currently are in the Education, Immigration, Transport, and Events sectors, with a primary focus on human identity.

1 Like

The Kami Labs business closure was a dark day for us, but when a board casts a vote, we have to stand by it. I, personally, am continuing the work on the Inspyrd marketplace, along with a couple of other community members. The marketplace contracts are fully CertiK audited, and has been tested on multiple networks. We are awaiting the final candidate release of the Shimmer EVM to get some fully solid Shimmer testing out the way before we are satisfied with everything ready for a release.

When we release the NFT market we will be primarily focusing on Shimmer and getting a professional community marketplace up and running to support the ecosystem in its expansion. This will be fully open-sourced to the community, as well as be opened up as a community venture, managed, maintained, and supported by the community - Genso NFT holders will also be in for some rewards and bonuses in and around the release of the platform.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

I guess my question to you will be the same as I have with Adam. As I understand it you are launching Ticketing dapp, DiD, Marketplace, so on and so forth on the last count I think you had 7 projects on the go. Assuming that shimmer launches tomorrow and you are deploying all your software - Would you really have 10 hours to commit to grant reviews per week?

Thanks for the question Roy. Having extensive experience in multi-project management, understanding how to manage time is a key element of the work I have always done, so I am confident that these ten hours are not going to impact the other work I manage. Take the Tangle Labs projects as an example, these are all a part of the same company, and have a strong team delivering them to market with various individuals holding responsibility over certain aspects of the business.

The work I do is heavily geared towards the empowerment of individuals and the support of communities - this small amount of additional time where I can contribute to supporting the committee with a professional perspective in the reviewing of applications that can benefit and drive the ecosystem forward would be a privilege.

2 Likes

Hi Adam hope you are well.

I have a few more questions if you are involved with every aspect of building - ticketing, NFT market place, NFT’s, payments, gamefi, wallets so on and so forth you would have to sit out on almost all voting what value would you bring as a reviewer?

Regarding time management - did you not respond to this in time had time to review all the other responses before posting yours. Did you feel this was a fair play please give your reasons.

Going to finance management and project management can you describe how does a business @kamilabs collapse in 4 months after an NFT sale?

Thank you so much for your time and your answers.