[Discussion] Proposal to Increase the Shimmer supply for a Community Treasury

Surely, all new created tokens will be airdropped, nothing is sold, nothing has a price, it is just an addition to the current already planned distribution. Nothing to worry in this regards. Shimmer is a free gift for everyone.

1 Like

Shouldn’t the votes for shimmer be cast according to shimmer and not iOTA? As it is, my votes were cast due to ioTA not Shimmer

• As part of the liquidity initiative, native tokens are sold from the treasury of the founding team to investors at a 50 - 80% discount with a 2 - 3 year lockup. Usually these are very big funding rounds ranging from $100m up to $500m.
  • These funds from the fundraiser are then reinvested into the ecosystem as part of a grants program, or simply used in the treasury

Very detailed counter point.
Although I do like the AAVE style grant dao. Would this just be created on IOTA governance? Paying smaller grants from IOTA for developers to build on Shimmer still sounds like it would benefit IOTA so it should fit within IOTAs community dao structure.

Additionally it wouldn’t create day 1 supply conflict.

Other creative methods could be created to fund a shimmer grant dao, but I also don’t support implementing any type of transaction fee. So how to fund a dao if we don’t mint tokens from thin air or charge a fee? Asking for a friend

to date all tokens have been received from staking.

Considering the launch of the network soon and the desire to expedite the vote so we wouldn’t have to fork to add 20% more tokens at a later date; a viable solution would be to only create the quantity of tokens that would have been generated if the Build funds had been staked the entire SMR staking duration.

I think we could either a. vote to give all 8% of the first years inflation to fund a Treasury, b. do as initially planned an NFT sale which could easily solicit a few $ million dollars USD for the Treasury, c. mint the equivalent of the IOTA 50 Ti (treasury) as if it was staked, and potentially the transaction fees. I also agree, I don’t agree on transaction fees; however, I think is being implemented regardless of whether we like it or not. Maybe I’ll try to investigate if that is final or not. Yet it seems “nothing” is final until the mint! lol

1 Like